Monday, August 25, 2008

4,000 Miles and Counting...


Thank You, Mr. Cook at Barcroft Bicycles....
Hi All,
Just a quick note to bring you up to date on a few riding achievements. First off, last week I surpassed 4,000 miles on the Barcroft Virginia GT. It’s no big deal, and to tell the truth I haven’t been tracking details and miles very much this year. About the most I get done is to log my rides in Excel, and see the dismal results. Yes, the miles have been a struggle this year, but I have come to understand that every year and riding season is different.

The Great Salt Lake is low this summer!
So, although I have not logged near as many miles, I have been commuting more, gotten more house projects done, and traveled all over the country. So, I have nothing to be upset about. I rejoice in every good ride I get.
There it is...
Now, back to the 4,000-mile odometer reading. It is actually, pretty cool to note. Only in that I can look back two and a half years and be proud of the cyclist I have become, and enjoy all the fond memories of the places I have ridden.
Sue's lovely bike, and an old Trek I borrowed for a fun 15 miles with Sue....
Also enclosed in this blog is a picture of my sister Sue’s new Giant bike. She bought it to compete in the Santa Barbara Sprint Triathlon, and the report from yesterday’s event, is that she was successful! She set a goal back in the spring, and after many months of training, she made it! (That’s the next post, as soon as I get some pictures from her.) It is a truly momentous achievement when you step back and look at the big picture.
Watch for a detailed report later this week…
Happy riding, all.
Jim

No comments: